I woke up from a nightmare this morning. It was an end of the world scenario, where evil was coming for us. A benevolent looking big man trying to calm and console the petrified meek leading them away to – what was clear to be – their demise. Watching their fearful submission made me think that they knew it too. Then I woke up to our covid Reality. A perfect reflection of my nightmare.
We have a virus going around. It may or may not have jumped species from a bat or a pangolin. It may or may not escaped from a lab conducting gain-of-function research of the virus partly financed by the American taxpayer through grants provided by Dr. Fauci, who’s lab was cooperating with the Wuhan lab.
It may, or may not be the worst crisis of our lifetime, it may or may not be the greatest opportunity to redesign our societies, our economics and the world itself. It may turn out to be the worst disaster, or the greatest of all resets. A dystopian societal and economic break-down, or the dawn of global cooperation, peace and harmony.
In its effects, it is shaping up to be one of, if not THE biggest event of our lifetime. It is changing politics, the economy and society. It affects the way we relate to each other and the world around us.
We may escape the virus itself, but not its consequences. So, let’s look at them.
What we learned and know about the virus
- It is about as infectious as the seasonal flu, killing more or less the same demographic.
It kills mostly the immunocompromised, which means mostly the elderly and people with pre-existing comorbidity conditions (which usually means a compromised immune system).
The average age of people dying from Covid-19 is 82. That is higher than the average life expectancy.
- It has a mind of its own, it does whatever it wants. None of the ‘Non-medical interventions’ make any difference to its spread. It does not care about lock-downs, curfews, muzzles and social distancing. There is no evidence to show that any of these measures make any difference. Any claim to the contrary is pure propaganda.
- In the Summer it takes a vacation and does its work around the same time as the flu. Symptom-wise they are indistinguishable. They are good buddies, helping each other. In 2020, Covid was working overtime to give a break to the flu.
- We learned that healthy children have practically zero risk of being seriously harmed or killed by it. We know that there is absolutely no medical reason for them to be locked up at home and to have them muzzled when they get outside.
- We learned that the best defense against the virus is being healthy; having adequate levels of vitamin D and zinc in our bodies and a healthy lifestyle with low levels of stress and enough sleep.
- We know that covid infection rates aren’t any worse than that of the seasonal flu and we know that in most cases, the symptoms aren’t any more severe.
- What we do not know is the actual number of the infected and the dead.
The tests are unreliable on purpose and the diagnostic requirement are so vague, that they are meaningless. The death statistics are even worse than the diagnostics, about as reliable as Biden’s election results. The CDC even today encourages doctors to report everything they possibly can as a Covid death. We have no idea how many people died because of, not just with Covid.
- We learned that there are existing drugs that can be used both as treatment and prophylaxis in the season to prevent it or lessen its severity. They work, they are safe and they are cheap.
- The vaccines, on the other hand, are exactly the opposite: they don’t work, they are not safe, and they are very expensive. It should also be considered, that the virus may leave us alone, but the vaccines will not. Whether we need it or want it, we will be manipulated, bribed, cajoled, bullied, blackmailed and eventually (and possibly) even forced to take it. Every year.
- There are some good vaccines on the horizon, but I’m afraid that they will be vilified just like the cheap, effective and readily available treatment options are.
- The more we keep learning about the virus, the more obvious it is that the way we responded to it so far is NOT the wright way.
- We learned that there is no end to what extent the people with vested interest in money and power are willing to go to exploit the situation for their own benefit. They lie, cheat, manipulate and bully. We learned that we cannot trust anybody. Not the scientific establishment, not the politicians, not the bureaucrats, not the so-called experts, not the medical establishment and definitely not the media. Neither mainstream, nor social.
- Politicians of all colors, in all countries and of all global institutions see it as a golden opportunity to grab more power. They will never let a good crisis go to waste.
- This “pandemic” was used as an excuse to grab and concentrate political power, to institute and legitimize massive systems of control, surveillance and censorship.
- It could easily be argued that the economic and social devastation caused by the lock-downs was visited on the world on purpose, to bring the booming economy down in a controlled manner.
- The media is treating us with utter contempt. Numbers without any meaning are brandished about. Condescending language of ‘concern’ is used ad nauseum to whip up fear and to promote compliance with the unprecedented loss of personal liberties. Vitriolic language is used to attack any deviation from the official narrative.
- Big pharma has infused so much money into medical education and the ‘scientific’ literature, that by now it has complete control over them. Big pharma defines the official narrative. The medical establishment is readily serving the interest of their masters, the politicians and the drug makers. Dissenting voices are purged without mercy.
- The media is the whore of the politicians, the medical establishment is the bitch of big pharma.
- Social media seems to be enjoying flexing its censorious muscles in service of a certain type of political interest.
What we did, could and should have learned about ourselves
- The scariest lesson for me was the realization of how stupid, naïve and gullible we, collectively, can be.
- How ready we are to submit, how ready we are to believe obvious lies, how ready we are to get petrified when someone says “Be afraid!”
- Very often I have the impression that people are genuinely afraid. The media is so successful with their brainwashing campaigns, that people now hold outlandish believes about the state of the pandemic.
- We are ready to bully others to feel better about our own sheepish compliance.
We are ready to do anything to lessen our fear.
There are a few ways to deal with a covid style problem:
- Ignore it. Let nature take its course, allow for herd immunity to develop naturally.
- Get people prepared for it. Urge the public to be cautious, to stay away from mass gatherings, to minimize their exposure to situations where they can get infected.
- Make proven prophylaxis medications such as Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin readily available; encourage the public to take their vitamins and mineral supplements (especially zinc) while also urging the infected to self-isolate and to avoid social gatherings.
- Focus all attention on identifying, isolating and treating the sick, with readily available medications and treatment regimens. Adapt new treatment discoveries as we learn more about the nature of the illness.
Be ready to drop any practice that proves to be counterproductive (ex.: intubation, the Astro-Zeneca vaccine)
- Urge people to stay calm and reasonable, be transparent and share all available information that we learn about the virus and the options to deal with them.
- Use heavy-handed non-medical interventions such as states of emergencies, lockdowns, social distancing regulation, compulsory mask rules, curfews and controls of any social gathering.
- Scare people witless. Demand obedience. Atomize and divide people. Tell them that their insufficiently obedient neighbours are their enemies, while the government, obedience and self-sacrifice are their saviours. Encourage snitching and virtue signaling.
- Use propaganda to drive home the official narrative. It does not have to be true, it does not have to make sense, it only has to be consistent and relentless.
- Attack, censor, suppress and silence any questioning, criticism or opposition to the official narrative. Frame any questioning and the opposition to the official narrative as irresponsibility and moral failing. Blame opposition to your policies for their failuress.
I don’t think I need to spell out where my sympathies lie. The first approach would be desirable, the second is what we have. The first makes perfect sense, the second only does if we are willing to entertain the possibility of ulterior motives with nefarious intent behind them. Let me illustrate them with some of the questions I am trying to make sense of.
- I described above a few possible approaches to the pandemic. What I cannot understand, is the reasoning behind choosing one over the other. Why should the preference for one exclude the others? What makes the natural, humane approach so contemptible? What makes coercion preferable to voluntary cooperation?
Why can’t we even talk about the options without being ostracized for it?
- Why should we trust one scientist over another? Or, to be more precise, why should we trust the official ones with an agenda and vested interest over those who are risking everything standing up for their beliefs?
- In my very first post on the subject almost a year ago I pointed out that every choice has a cost. By now it has been proven over and over that the cost of the lockdowns is far greater than the cost of the pandemic itself. Why do we still insist on more of the same harmful policies?
I have a whole lot of annoying practical questions as well. I am trying to understand the logic behind the policies.
- If you are wearing a mask, why should I? If the mask is not protecting you, then why are you wearing it? If it is useless, then what is the point of me wearing it? What makes useless squared useful?
- Why would anyone wear a mask at home or sitting in their car alone? What are the benefits of doing so?
- How does it make sense to wear a mask in a restaurant, except while eating?
- I know several people (many relatives) who have been vaccinated and still walk around muzzled.
Why would anyone do that? If the vaccine is as effective as they say it is, then what is the mask for? If it is not, then what was the point taking it?
- Every airplane is equipped with HEPA filters and every airline assures us that they do a perfect job. They also tell us that, just to be safe, we should also be muzzled. Except when we are eating. The virus respects that. Does this make any sense to anybody?
These questions above are just about the irritating stupidity of the rules we have to comply with. I have some more serious ones indicating significant moral failures.
- The US spent over two trillion dollars on the Afghan-Iraq wars, for the killing of slightly less than 3,000 American civilians. The incompetence of Andrew Cuomo cost more civilian deaths than that. He got an award for his performance. How is it possible that he is still not in jail? The only thing that may get him out of office is sexual misconduct allegations. Am I alone, wondering?
- Talking about criminal liability…..
After President Trump touted the benefits of Hydroxychloroquine, in a WHO sponsored trial the researchers overdosed seriously ill patients by giving them 10 times the recommended dosage.
How is it possible that the people responsible are not investigated? How is it possible that it is not widely reported? How is it possible that hydroxychloroquine is still shunned and its advocates are censored and silenced? Ditto for ivermectin.
As I said earlier, I am just trying to resolve the contradictions, understand the hypocrisy and trying to make sense of the insanity I see. The only way to explain the illogic, the partisan positions, the propaganda and the shameful performance of the medias is to assume a shared will and agenda behind it.
…. and yes, I know that ‘medias’ is double plural; I used it to indicate different types of media: mainstream media, social media and even scientific literature.
What is happening does not have to be a conspiracy, but there is clearly a convergence of vested interest with political and financial opportunism.
- Big pharma wants to make MONEY. They want captive customers forever. Yearly vaccinations, preferably compulsory. They have patent protection, no liability for any harm caused by the vaccines and no price control. It’s better than winning the lottery. How much money can they reasonably spend from that to pay off researcher, journalists and politicians? To discredit alternatives, suppress information and destroy their competition? It won’t be their first time of doing such thing. They just went all out on Covid.
- Authoritarians, left and right, want more power, especially the kind that enables them to stay in power forever. Politicians all over the world were quick to grab some emergency powers that will very likely become permanent. The democrats in the US used the pandemic as an excuse to change electoral laws to be easily corruptible. Covid was the perfect excuse.
- Big companies are making big money in the crisis. Amazon is happy to see small businesses closed.
- Social media also benefits from the lock-downs. People have more time use their products.
- Covid is the perfect excuse for out-of-control money printing and for abandoning all fiscal prudence.
- The globalists are looking at Covid as their last best chance to advance their goals. They are not even making them a secret. The World Economic Forum proudly touting it on its web site. “You will own nothing and you will be happy” A not particularly subtle rephrasing of Marx’s “The enemy of being is having”. Just as the Great Reset is a reformulation of the goals of communist international. Covid is the best excuse for it.
It does not have to be a conspiracy, just opportunistic collusion. If it ever turns out that it was (is), that would explain everything. The lies, the manipulation, the corruption.
Back to my nightmare
The scariest part of my nightmare was the meek, sheepish acceptance on the faces of the victims. Their apparent need for the comfort as they were taken to the slaughterhouse. The realization that I am alone in the fight and all the sheep around me would happily destroy me for a few more minutes of living in petrified slavery. My dream was a clear reference to The Twilight Zone episode: “How to Serve Men”, the benevolent herding of people into the cargo ships.
The scariest in my reality is not the threat from the powerful, but seeing the fear, the compliance, the submission of the powerless. What is your nightmare?
As I was proof reading this before posting it, I kept asking myself what is the point in writing it? Will I change anyone’s mind? Anybody I talk to, is firmly locked in with their views, either agreeing or disagreeing with mine. So I am asking you: did I change your mind about anything?
Is this an echo chamber for you or a successful challenge to your views? If you disagree, can you try to show me where I am wrong?